Monday, July 20, 2009

Emily "Shellebrates"!

My daughter, who is planning to attend the San Diego Comicon this year, also had the opportunity to go to one of the "Shellebration" TMNT tour bus 25th anniversary events with some of her friends this past weekend. Here's her report from the scene, taken from an email to me:

"On Saturday afternoon, Golden Apple Comics on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles hosted one of the final stops of the TMNT tour bus for the 25th anniversary "Shell-abration." We figured it was a must see event. I arrived with Nell, Steph, and Lainy around 6PM, when the event seemed to be winding down a bit. The bus was parked outside, where we posed with Leonardo. Inside, fans were lined up to meet with Kevin, and the store had free pizza and Turtle green Kool-Aid.

In these pictures I'm posing with Kevin Eastman...



...and Stephan from GoGreenMachine.org.



I also met Michael Hill, the former creative director of Mirage, who said he had met me when I was little. Inside the bus, there was various memorabilia from the comic books, tv show, and movies. This picture is me at the entrance of the bus, with your photo and biography, as well as what I think are covers from the first comic book.


Overall, it was a fun afternoon, and I got to get my first picture with Leonardo (my favorite turtle) since I was a few months old, when he held me on the set of the first movie.



It was fun to experience the Turtles through the eyes of a "fan" and also to be around so many fans for whom the Turtles mean so much. Looking forward to Comic Con!

-Em
"

5 comments:

  1. Are you going? I see you in the Artists Alley listing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "devilbanex said...
    Are you going? I see you in the Artists Alley listing."

    No, I am not going. The listing is incorrect. -- PL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool. Neat that your daughter gets to visit that stuff now as a grown person. She must have grown up around the turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -->> O dude .. this is gonna be so fun !!

    :D

    Want her to sign one of her Dad's comics !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is perfect. And come out look good, I like this.











    สัตว์

    ReplyDelete